Committed to the Blog

I confess that I am one who spends a great deal of time worrying about how my blog looks when I really should be worrying more about what I post.  It should look grown-up but not too formal.  It should focus on my thoughts and reflections about other peoples' work  I want it to look like it reflects my personality.  Oh...and I actually need to make posts on it so that the content is changing enough and persons are looking at it.

Wordle: UntitledWhile I say that this blog is my "letter to the church"...my "EPISTLE"...  it is probably mostly for me.  It's a way for me to have a place to reflect on some of the things I have going on in my thought process and my spiritual journey.   Not all of this makes real good "preaching" material.  But it's stuff that I find important for my thought process and I hope that there are some parts of it that are important to the church in general.  I don't have any preconceived notion that any of this is earth-shaking or life-changing for anyone but me.  There is a hubris that comes with blogging...the assumption that you have something to say.  And if I look one day and find I have lots of "followers" and "tweets" and "friends" and "trackbacks" I'll probably strain my arm patting myself on the back.  But, really, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a place to reflect and think and share some of those thoughts.

You know, when I was in seminary at Duke, reflecting and thinking and sharing is what we did.  My friends and I were immersed in the scholastic and religious world.  There's a part of me that misses that and hopes that a little self-reflection in this place will be well worth it.

0 comments