"At the Close of the Day" -- Prayer by Dietrich Bonhoeffer


O Lord my God, I thank you that you have brought this day to its close. I thank you that you have given rest to body and soul. Your hands have been over me, guarding me and preserving me. Forgive my feeble faith and all the wrong I have done this day, and help me to forgive all who have wronged me. Grant that I may sleep in peace beneath your care, and defend me from the temptations of darkness. Into your hands I commend my loved ones, I commend this household, I commend my body and soul. O God, Your holy name be praised. AMEN.
 


This is from the United Methodist Hymnal.  It's been adapted by Andy Bartel, an Alaska Friend who's no longer in Alaska to, as he says, by taking out the "thees and thous."  See Andy's post over here.

0 comments