A Morning Office In the Middle of the Night

I found the prayer below over at NextReformation and it reminded me of a time that was good and, well, holy to me.  For quite some time, I kept a prayer journal.  No, it was not just a list of persons I could pray for or a list of all the world's problems.  It was a collection of prayers I liked and historic prayers.  Each day I would journey through it,  taking a slightly different path each day.

Call: Who is it that you seek?
Response: We seek the Lord our God.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your heart?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your soul?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your mind?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your strength?
Response: Amen. Christ, have mercy.

Mornings seem to get away from me more often than not.  Kids going places.  And I stay up too darned late anymore.  Even now it's 12:27 AM and the TV's on and I'm coughing with this cold of mine.

What would it look like to truly alter my days and nights?

What keeps me from it?

What if every day started with that prayer above?

But, hey, I guess my day is ending with it.....  (I'll just post it later in the day)

0 comments