Last Night's Bedtime / It Only Takes a A Spark

Turnagain Arm, the bottom tip of Cook Inlet ne...Image via Wikipedia
Singing is a part of our bedtime ritual for our little ones.  Our older kids we just tell to go to bed.  But there is a ritual with the three year olds.  I know others do the same.  So, each night, the two girls get to pick a song for us to sing and then my wife sings a song and I sing a song (that's FOUR SONGS for those counting at home).  Then we sing "A.B./BAA-BAA/TWINKLE" (ABCs/Baa-baa Black Sheep/Twinkle, Twinkle."

Last night was our last night in a hotel for this trip as we take off and head back to Alaska today.  And I got to be in the hotel bedroom area with daughter #4 as daughter #3 tried to use the bathroom...yet again.  It was time for daughter #4's song and she wanted "It Only Takes A Spark" (AKA "Pass It On").  And, she wanted to sing it herself.  She only sang the last chorus and it went something like this:

Daughter #4 is in RED and I'm in BLUE.

I wish for you my DADDY, this happiness that I've found. 
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound. 

I'll shout it from the mountain top...

Say, "Praise God, Daddy"

PRAISE GOD!!!

I want DADDY to know; the Lord of love has come to me, I want to pass it on.

I'll shout it from the mountain top...

PRAISE GOD!!!

I want DADDY to know; the Lord of love has come to me, I want to pass it on.

I told her it was a beautiful version.

I'm glad she wants me to know that the Lord of love has come...and has come to her.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments