Awesome Advent Prayer -- Written by Ron Cole

Madonna and Child with God the Father and CherubimImage by *clairity* via Flickr


It, defies logic, but, I believe.

I believe the mystery of Advent is new creation.


I believe in the Spirit of God, as in the beginning,


hovered over a poor marginalized girl on the fringe of society.


I believe in her vulnerability, openness and willingness,


the Spirit impregnated her with the presence of God.


I believe the same Word as in the beginning became flesh.


I believe for a time humanity nurtured God.


I believe as in the beginning the Word spoke creation into existence,


and from the womb of humanity, the Word made flesh speaks a new creation.


I believe now through God the Father, and Son the Word...the Spirit hovers,


speaking, ready to bring the new creation into being.


God with us, God within us,


building a new creation.


The Kingdom.

I believe.

(by Ron Cole ; 30th November 2009 )

(HT to The Weary Pilgrim)
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments