There are congregations on nearly every corner. I’m not sure we need more churches. What we need is a church. I say one church is better than fifty. I have tried to remove the plural form churches from my vocabulary, training myself to think of the church as Christ did, and as the early Christians did. The metaphors for her are always singular – a body, a bride. I heard one gospel preacher say it like this, as he really wound up and broke a sweat: “We’ve got to unite ourselves as one body. Because Jesus is coming back, and he’s coming back for a bride not a harem.
About Me
Search
My Blogroll
Popular Posts
- Best Description of Tom Waits' Voice
- Village of Quinhagak's "Hallelujah Chorus" -- Great Video
- Worst Christian Song Ever?
- Needing Something Bigger
- "The Internet Is My Religion"
- 19 Years Ago Today -- A Picture from Our Wedding
- This is How Disciples Are Made
- Looking Ahead to Father's Day -- The Story of the Prodigal Son
- The Sign of a Good Springtime Bike Ride
- No Man Is Worse...
0 comments
Post a Comment