Marriage and family...they're tough. They're not easy at times. Here I sit typing this after having a difficult bedtime with twin three-year olds. (Actually couldn't finish that last sentence without having to run upstairs for another bedtime "crisis" -- a word of which young children have a different understanding than us adults). I had a long day of being the stay-at-home dad and felt like there was never a quiet moment to myself today even as I now have to think about getting ready for bed.
But I am thankful for my wife and my kids and where I am in life right now even though sometimes struggle with my various roles. I am madly in love with them all.
Was introduced to this song by Andrew Peterson, "Dancing in the Minefields." It's what got me thinking along these lines after a long day.
About Me
Search
My Blogroll
Popular Posts
- Best Description of Tom Waits' Voice
- "The Internet Is My Religion"
- Village of Quinhagak's "Hallelujah Chorus" -- Great Video
- A Look Inside Girdwood Chapel -- July 5, 2011
- This is How Disciples Are Made
- Worst Christian Song Ever?
- No Man Is Worse...
- My Daughter Came in to Pitch in Tonight's Game
- Some Reflections on Orthodoxy and the Spirit
- 19 Years Ago Today -- A Picture from Our Wedding
Thank you, love.