Out of the Mouths of Babes -- "Is This Enough, Daddy?"

Lipsmacker lip balmImage by Valeri-DBF via FlickrLast night I was putting the little ones...our almost four year olds...the ones I refer to occasionally as "the short louds"... I was putting them to bed.  I got their pajamas on and had their teeth brushed and I read to them.  And, as is often the case before bed, they want some lotion for their hands which are dry from our Alaskan winter and they want some "lip stuff" on.  There are two types of "lip stuff" on their dresser and they usually want both.

Well it was during the application process for the "lip stuff" that I noticed Bethany had circled her lips round and round with the "Lip Smackers" -- Chapstick-like lip balm.  There was a paste of goo reaching out well beyond the boundary of her lips.

She looked at me and quite earnestly asked, "Is this enough, Daddy?"  She, clearly, was concerned that perhaps she needed more.

"Yes," I said.  "That's probably enough."

I wonder what things I use too much of in my life.  Well, that's a thought for another day.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments