Image via WikipediaIn the secularizing times in which I am living, God is not taken seriously. God is peripheral. God is nice (or maybe not so nice) but not at the center. When people want help with their parents or children or emotions, they do not ordinarily see themselves as wanting help with God. But if I am going to stay true to my vocation as a pastor, I can’t let the “market” determine what I do. I will find ways to pray with and for people and teach them to pray, usually quietly and often subversively when they don’t know I am doing it. But I am not going to wait to be asked. I am a pastor. (The Pastor: A Memoir -- p.142)
(HT -- The Internet Monk)
About Me
Search
My Blogroll
Popular Posts
- Best Description of Tom Waits' Voice
- 19 Years Ago Today -- A Picture from Our Wedding
- Worst Christian Song Ever?
- "The Internet Is My Religion"
- Village of Quinhagak's "Hallelujah Chorus" -- Great Video
- This is How Disciples Are Made
- Needing Something Bigger
- No Man Is Worse...
- Bringing Lady Gaga to Church
- Looking Ahead to Father's Day -- The Story of the Prodigal Son
0 comments
Post a Comment