Nice Blog Post About Leaving "Tracts" as Tips

TractsImage by spike55151 via Flickr
Leaving tracts in restaurants as part of your "tip" to your server?

In short...if you're going to do it, don't leave a crummy monetary tip and then your favorite tract or note. 

Be a good tipper.  Be courteous.  Be respectful.  Be loving.

Here's an excerpt:

He showed me the card.

Print on the front was the verse: “The wages of sin is DEATH. The gift of God is eternal LIFE.

Then he slid it on top of the money that was on top of the bill and said, “Hear ya go, and you can keep the change.”

I did not even want to tell him that I basically worked for a church and that I did indeed follow Jesus.
To be honest, more influential than his “get saved now or your going to hell” card was the sub-par tip that he’d placed under the card.

I can tell you that the last thing some waitress/waiter wants to see is these “Get saved cards” with a crappy tip.  Invite me to your church and try and build a relationship with me; do not just hand me some card.  Not only that, but the card is misleading about what it really means to truly follow Jesus.  Jesus is much bigger than a “business card.”

Read the whole post over at Jesus Needs New PR.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments