A Husband's Love of HIs Wife (Very Moving Video)

Today is my wife's birthday.  Here in the 20th year of our marriage (our anniversary is coming in December), there is much I could say to express how thankful I am for her.  We've been together since 1986, when she was merely in 10th grade and I was entering my Junior Year of High School.  That's a long time.  I've spent more of my life with her than without her and I look forward to many more birthdays together.

So, just how much can one say, "I love you" and really mean it?  How does one show it?

Over at Challies.com, I found the following video.  It's a story I'd never heard before.  “Although thoroughly enjoying his role as president at Columbia, McQuilkin resigned from his post in 1990 to care for his wife who had been battling Alzheimer’s Disease since the early 1980s.”  What did this mean for Roberston McQuilkin?  Listen to his words and be moved by a husband's love of his wife.



We're healthy right now.  The world is at our fingertips.  But may our love and my devotion to my wife be as beautiful as expressed by McQuilkin.

Happy birthday, Julie.  You're the best gift I've been given.

0 comments