Some Good Steve Jobs Quotes On Life & Leadership

Steve Jobs shows off iPhone 4 at the 2010 Worl...Image via Wikipedia
"When I went to school, it was right after the '60s and before this general wave of practical purposefulness had set in... The idealistic wind of the '60s was still at our backs, though, and most of the people I know who are my age have that engrained in them forever."

"It's in Apple's DNA that technology alone is not enough -- it's technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities, that yields us the result that makes our heart sing, and nowhere is that more true than in these post-PC devices."

"There's an old Wayne Gretzky quote that I love: 'I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.' And we've always tried to do that at Apple. Since the very, very beginning. And we always will."

"You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers."

"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

"My job is to make the whole executive team good enough to be successors, so that's what I try to do."

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."

"Be a yardstick of quality, some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."

"I'm the only person I know that's lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year.... It's very character-building."

"I'm as proud of what we don't do as I am of what we do."

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful… that's what matters to me." via


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments