Gratitude Journal -- Alaskan Stuff I'm Thankful For

I'm closing out my week with the recognition that I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  It's drop-dead gorgeous here, causing my wife to often proclaim, "WE LIVE HERE!!!!" as we pass by a beautiful sight.  So, here's a distinctly Alaskan, mostly Girdwood list for Thankgiving:

  1. The mountains...all the mountains...particularly the mountains right around here
  2. The many mountain streams, including the little ones that go by our house
  3. Snowfall
  4. Long summer days and long winter nights (esp
  5. Seeing belugas in Turnagain Arm and eagles flying overhead
  6. How the rainy days so often bring rainbows
  7. Walking in peat fields that feel like mattresses
  8. Crisp fall days
  9. The paths up Alyeska
  10. The Bird-to-Gird trail

0 comments